Your appointment will not “hold” a rental for you. All rentals are on a “first come, first serve” basis. The only thing that will “hold” a rental for you is a completed application and fee. To secure that you will be first in line, you may submit your application and fee prior to the showing.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Each person who is 18 years old and older and is no longer in high school must fill out an application.
Occupants must complete a residential application and pay a $25.00 fee. (On occupants, the application will be processed for public records only. No rent credit is given for the fees paid toward occupant applications.) TJ Guyer does not accept tenant- provided reusable screening reports.
A $50.00 non-refundable processing fee must accompany each tenant and co-signer application. If approved, a $25.00 credit is given for one application and a maximum of $50.00 per property may be credited for two or more applications. This credit is taken off the first month’s rent. This applies to new leases only. No credit is given for an existing lease. Credit references, past rental history, court records, employment and other income will be verified. Valid picture ID and Social Security Card are required with each application. Copies can be made in the office.
If applications are submitted on our web-site, Orca will charge an additional $3.00 processing fee.
The hold on the apartment/home will be removed if the application is incomplete or contacts cannot be reached within 48 hours. The application will be placed in the inactive file and the next applicant will be considered. An application can be re-activated within 90 days if the needed information is provided.
1) An applicant’s gross income must be three times the rent. Example: If the rent is $300.00 per month, the minimum gross income would be $900.00 a month. This amount must be verifiable.
2) An applicant must have two years of past rental/mortgage experience. A positive reference is imperative. A negative reference may result in a disqualified application. (RELATIVES DO NOT COUNT AS RENTAL REFERENCES.)
3) An applicant must have positive credit. The credit check is for our information only. The prospective tenant may contact the credit company if a poor credit check is received. Contact the TJ Guyer office for the telephone number.
4) An applicant with a bankruptcy filed within 2 years will need a co-signer. If the bankruptcy is prior to 2 years, credit must be in positive standing from the time the bankruptcy was discharged to avoid a co-signer.
5) A commercial applicant must complete a commercial application. The application fee is $75.00. If the commercial applicant is applying for a residential rental, all potential occupants must complete a residential application and pay a $25.00 fee.
6) On occupants, the application will be processed for public records only. All information must be verifiable. No rent credit is given for the fees paid toward commercial and occupant applications.
If applicant does not meet the minimum requirements a co-signer will be required.
1) A co-signer must meet the same credit and income requirements as the applicant. Proof of income is required if the co-signer is retired or self-employed. Retirement papers, a profit/loss statement or a 1040 IRS form will be accepted. Co-signers must reside in the state of Washington.
1) Pets are not allowed in every rental. Please check our listing closely.
2) A $300.00 pet deposit is required for each pet. There is a $50.00 non-refundable fee retained to probe the carpets for pet urine. If there is no pet damage, your deposit will be refunded, less the probe fee.
3) Dogs must be at least one year of age.
4) Additional monthly rent is charged in the amount $25.00.
MOVE – IN PROCESS
1) MOVE-IN COSTS: A $250.00 Nonrefundable Administrative Fee must be paid within 24 hours of approval notification. The move-in costs are divided into three parts: A $250.00 Nonrefundable Administrative Fee, the Security Deposit and Rent. Funds must be paid with checks or money orders. We do not accept cash. The Nonrefundable Administrative Fee, Deposit and Rent amounts must be paid with three separate checks or money orders. If the applicant rescinds their application when the property has been “held” off the market for them, the Nonrefundable Administrative Fee will be forfeited.
2) CHECK-IN: An appointment will be scheduled at our office (1646 S Market Blvd.), or with the on-site manager, when the property is ready for occupancy. The deposit must be paid. The lease and all pertinent papers will be signed.
3) RENT: Pro-rated rent will begin and needs to be paid on the day the lease is signed.
4) UTILITIES: Local utilities must be placed in tenant’s name by the tenant before the check-in. The utility company will require a deposit. This receipt must be brought to the check-in. Puget Sound Energy and LeMay utilities will be established by the tenant over the phone at the time of check-in.
5) WHAT TO BRING: On the day of the check-in, bring all utility receipts, the deposit and the pro-rated rent, to our office. The co-signer, if required, must sign the rental agreement before or at the time of the check-in.
6) WALK THROUGH: A representative from our office will meet the tenant at the residence after all paperwork is signed and copied. The tenant and our office staff will note any damage to verify the condition of the property at the beginning of tenancy. Keys will be issued after the walk-through and all paperwork has been completed.
* TJ Guyer does not accept tenant-provided reusable screening reports